If you’re a florist, wedding planner, or designer and you’re not a photographer, then you may be struggling with how to photograph your floral designs in an appealing way. In this blog post, we’ll give you some tips on how to photograph and edit your florals so that they look their best. With these tips, you’ll be able to create and edit beautiful floral photos that will wow your clients!
- Find a natural light source – When it comes to capturing the beauty of florals on a wedding day, natural light is always the best way to go. Artificial light can often cause shadows and glare, which can take away from the delicate details of the flowers. Natural light also helps to bring out the vibrant colors of the blooms. If you’re looking for that perfect shot of the bouquet or the flower arrangement on the table, make sure to find a spot near a window or outdoors where you can take advantage of the natural light. If you’re taking photos indoors, be sure to turn off any overhead lights to avoid artificial light. Natural lighting always looks best to capture your wedding day florals.
- Take photos from different angles – To make sure you get the best photos of florals on your wedding day, it’s important to take them from different angles. From close-ups of individual blooms to wide shots of floral arrangements, taking photos from different angles will help you capture the beauty of the florals in all their detail. For instance, instead of simply taking a photo of a flower at eye level, try squatting down low or standing on a step stool to get a different perspective. And don’t be afraid to get closer to your subject – sometimes the best flower details are hidden among the petals. iPhone photographers should also make use of the built-in zoom feature to capture close-ups that capture the intricate details of flowers and decor. By mixing up your angles and compositions, you’ll be able to take your floral photos to the next level.
- Cropping and filters – cropping and adding a filter is often the best approach. By cropping, we mean zooming in on the flower itself, rather than including the stem or leaves. This allows you to really capture the detail of the petals and the colors. As for filters, they can help to enhance the colors and make them stand out against the background. Adding a filter can also help to give the florals a softer, more romantic feel, which is a perfect look for weddings.
- Use a photo editing program to enhance your florals– When it comes to taking photos of florals on wedding days, using a photo editing program is the best way to ensure that your photos turn out beautifully. Editing programs allow you to make small adjustments to your photos, such as cropping and straightening, that can make a big difference in the overall look of the photo. Furthermore, editing programs also offer a wide range of filters and effects that can really bring your florals to life. With so many options at your disposal, there is no reason not to use a photo editing program when taking florals on wedding days. Here are our suggestions for the best editing programs:
- YouCam Perfect
- Adobe Lightroom Mobile
- Photoshop Express Photo Editor
- Instasize Photo Editor
- Save and share your final product! What better way to showcase your florals than displaying them on your social media pages. Canva is the perfect platform for creating w photo collages, thanks to its wide selection of templates and easy-to-use tools. With Canva, you can choose from a variety of layouts and background colors, add your own photos and text, create videos, and rearrange elements until you’re happy with the results. Best of all, Canva is completely free to use! If you’re looking for a great way to display and showcase your work to potential clients, using Canva is the perfect way to do it.
Click HERE to see how True Client Pro can help you!